Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What's Up, Doc?

During the last few weeks, I've been both to the gastro and surgeon regular, every-once-in-a-few-months, inspections . If to summon it up in one sentence.. well, I guess everything seems to be in order, at least for the time being.

The first which I went to, was the gastro doctor.
Judging by my looks and blood tests I recently had, he told me I've never been as healthy as I am now (or at least since he first met me). Odd thing is, I've stopped taking my vitamin pills more than half a year ago, yet none of them seems to be missing. Oh well, who am I to argue with that?
I asked him whether or not I should go through another some kind of a gastro examinations soon, since no one has seen my belly from the inside in the last two years. Answer was, that as long as I feel fine, there's no reason to penetrate into the bowel once again - because that might erupt new problems. Though, on the other hand (and I can sure tell that from my experience, that the physical feeling doesn't necessarily reflects what happens on the inside), sometimes a bit more examinations are required, to make sure everything is really OK. Reminds me of the Schrodinger's Cat Paradox, when you come to think of it.
The next question, was whether or not I should change the dosage of the drugs that I get every day (which should be based on my weight). Just like before, he decided not to increase it. Logic says, that if I feel fine now, there's no need for extra treatment. Plus, that way I can increase the amount of drugs when I'll really need it (hopefully, that moment would never come. but who knows?)
So at the bottom line, nothing changed here, just like I said at the beginning. Oh, and my weight (in full uniforms, including the army boots) is around 67kg. Fine for me, but I should really start going to the gym soon..

Next one to visit was the surgeon.
Just like before, nothing really changed here, either. A few kneads around the belly, a few questions about how I'm doing during the every-day life, and that's it.
Asked him if I should try to use some ointments, in order to make the scar look better, but now it's too late to try that again. Though, he did mention there are plastic surgeries, that can make it look much better.. but I should wait a few more years before doing that.

If nothing goes wrong, I'll meet them once again, at the end of summer 2007.
Only now, I think I'm really starting to realize the true mental affects of all that had happened in the past two and a half years. But that's a story for some other time..

4 comments:

Jilli said...

Hoorah for being healthy!

Lior Finkelstein said...

yeah! being sick sucks!
besides you seem perfectly fine to me, and i can spot sick people a mile away, as long as they wear those "i'm sick" t-shirts...

Anonymous said...

:)

Yoav said...

No.. sick people don't go with "i'm stick" t-shirts! They have infusion connected to at least one of their hands..

And who's that anonymous anyway?