Monday, November 13, 2006

Suddenly

Things which you don't expect them to happen, may come out the most powerful or exciting events in your life.

To know someone is suffering through a period that isn't measured in days, nor weeks, neither months - but years - that's a really terrible situation. But you can't be shocked when he (or she) goes away. I really do believe that death is preferred on suffering without a cause or a realistic option to get cured.
On the other hand, things which you don't expect them to happen - and such things can be caused by many reasons (if you were busy with something else, didn't really expect someone to behave the way they did, didn't ask for a reward for your doings, etc) - these can really make me shiver.

The course, which I've been commanding and instructing in the last 3 or 4 months, is over now. I put so much effort into it - not because I wanted someone to thanks me, but only because I really truly believed it's for a good cause. For the future kids, you might say.
My grandma, my father's mom, died last month. She's been sick since young age, and was barely capable of communicating with the world in the last couple of years. Rest in peace.

You figure it out.

2 comments:

Lior Finkelstein said...

sad to hear about that..
death is painful, and most are willing to endure much pain rather than face it... it is still the last ounces of will that might make or break the situation...
i frankly believe that people with terminal illneses should try to stay alive as long as they can, it might not get better, but that little fragment of hope, the sole chance that things will get better is worth any pain you have to go through... but then again, i'm not faced with that choice just yet... so i'm baised.

Yoav said...

This is truly a difficult issue, which you can't really decide if you're not in it (and hopefully, no one of us will)
And believe me, I do know, feel and understand one of the most primitive instincts of human nature - survive, not matter what it takes.
On the other hand, at some point, it might bring so much suffering, and no turning point ahead - in these very sad occasions, I don't consider such situations a "real life"